Luggage Expert Advice
How to choose the right luggage for you.
For click and collect please call through to our 1300 814 758 number so we can assist you further.
Commonly asked questions:
What is the differences between a hard and soft suitcase?
Hardcases are a strong and durable luggage that are able to hold their form. Most hard-side suitcases allow you to pack in two separate compartments as they open up like a clam shell. The benefit of a hard suitcase is that they generally have a larger packing capacity.
Softcases are a lightweight, strong and expandable type of suitcase. They have external pockets which can be utilised for easy access. The main benefit of a soft suitcase is that they are usually lighter optimising your weight allowance. Another benefit is that it can easily fit into the shaper at the airport or in the travel cages on trains.
What size luggage should I buy out of a large and medium?
Large cases give you a greater packing capacity. For travel to countries in a colder climates in which clothing is more bulky, a large suitcase might be better suited to your needs.
Medium cases allow you to bring just the right amount without the worry of over exceeding weight as that can be a concern. It can be the perfect size for when you are going away for a few days and don't require a larger suitcase.
Why you should have a cabin/carry on luggage?
Most airlines allow you a 7 kg to bring with you as a cabin/carry on so why waste it? The advantage of having a carry on is that in the rare instances that you arrive at your destination and your main check-in luggage is not there, then you have some spare clothes with you. Having a carry-on can also mean that if your main check-in luggage exceeds the weight limit you can take some of your things out and put it into your carry on.
What is the advantage of four wheels verses two?
Having four wheeled suitcases give you an easy means to travel from destination to destination. Instead of the strain of having to pull or drag your heavy suitcase the four wheels allow you to smoothly guide your suitcase around next to you.
What is a TSA lock?
TSA stands for Transport Security Administration. Travel Sentry initially developed these locks for American customs to be able to unlock suitcases without breaking the zips. As security issues have increased, more countries are now TSA approved in which customs may unlock your suitcase without your permission. To check if your destination is TSA approved please refer to the Travel Sentry website https://www.travelsentry.org/us/ts-lock/.
How do I set the TSA combination lock?
If you are unsure of how to set your lock please follow the link TSA lock and select the brand of your case and it will provide a step-by-step guide to setting your lock. If these instructions are unclear or you need further assistance please don't hesitate to call through to our toll free number 1300 814 758 where we can assist you further.
Need some tips on how to pack here is some recommendations below?
- Define your packing goals: Not every trip a traveler takes is the same. That is why you should define your goals early on and stick to them throughout your packing process and travels
- Pack Small: Try to pack essential items as this will help maximize your packing allowance without needing additional steps. Make a list of the items you want to take with you to avoid over packing.
- Pack Lighter: By packing only what you can carry will make you a more independent traveler as well as not straining your body.
- Pack Smarter: Pack according to your trip such as time of season, length of travel and destination.
- Save Money: Packing lighter and smaller means fewer chances of exceeding you baggage allowance which means less luggage fees.
- Learn a packing process and style that works for you. Whether you roll, fold and/or vacuum seal your belongs, finding a method that works for your type of travel will make every trip effortless.